Thursday, March 6, 2014

On Thin Brice

I'm Brooks MacLachlan, someone who for some reason thinks his obsession with Survivor in recent years makes him qualified enough to judge those who are actually playing the game. I analyse everything I can: the episodes, secret scenes, interviews with eliminated players, social media activity of the players, and more to come up with the motivations behind what each player has done. I decide what should have happened, because I obviously know best, and I predict what should and what will happen in each player’s future in the game. And I’ll probably get it right every time because that’s just how I am.

Brice became the beauty tribe's first casualty this week on Survivor. 

First of all, kudos to me for recognizing that Jeremiah may not have been as interested in aligning with Brice and Morgan as it appeared last week. I correctly identified Brice as a player that was still in trouble on Solana (although I thought it would be Morgan getting the boot, not him). Also, thank goodness Alexis stuck around. The performances of my fake-pool picks have embarrassing so far, and her elimination would have made it that much worse.

It ended up being Jeremiah's decision who to send home. Did he make the right one? I think yes. The one advantage to siding with Brice and Morgan is that he'd be at least number three in the alliance, while with the others he could be number four. But the Beauty Tribe probably won't be losing so many challenges that Jeremiah will be voted out, even if he is number four. Sticking with the larger group will give him more numbers going into a merge or tribe swap, and he also keeps a good challenge competitor and perhaps bigger target, LJ, in the game.

Where does the Beauty Tribe go from here? It seems fairly clear that Morgan will be the next one out, unless she can pull off something spectacular. My suspicion that Alexis and LJ were quite close was confirmed by Brice in one of his secret scenes. When Jeremiah and Jefra were talking alone, right before Alexis joined them, Jeremiah asked if the two of them were "still good", implying that she and him had something more with each other than with the rest of the alliance. And with Jeremiah and LJ's bromance and Alexis and Jefra being good friends, this alliance of four seems like they'll be staying true to each other at least for the near future. Should Solana lose the next challenge, I'm once again predicting that Morgan will be the one to go.

They may not need to worry about losing the next challenge though, if the preview's for next week are accurate. The Aparri tribe may throw the next immunity challenge to take out one of their members. This is really peculiar. In Sarah's secret scene this week, she talks about how her tribe can win every challenge and should stick together until the final six. So what caused her to change her mind so drastically that she now is telling Woo that they should throw the challenge? There are only two possibilities for who she is talking about that she wants to vote out: Cliff or Tony (She says "him" and obviously she's not talking about Woo since he's the one she was talking to). 

Sarah's alliance with Tony, and the fact that she trusts him so much, would lead one to believe that she's talking about voting out Cliff, but there are two things that give me doubt about that. First, Woo is Cliff's closest alliance. He would be the last person she'd talk to about voting Cliff out. And second, Tony has been trying to turn her against Cliff. I'm assuming that her secret scene was filmed after Tony lied to her about Cliff targeting her, and in that secret scene she had no desire to vote off anyone on her tribe. So what would cause the sudden change of heart? I can't see Cliff doing anything to turn her against him. So, I think she caught Tony in one of his lies. She compared notes with Cliff or Lindsey, realized Tony had been playing her, and felt extremely betrayed. She would be angry that Tony would deceive her, despite their cop connection. That might be enough to have her wanting to throw a challenge to get rid of him.

The Brains tribe winning immunity this week was my happiest moment so far this season. Unfortunately, it still looks like Spencer will be in a lot of trouble if they lose another challenge. I really want Spencer and the rest of Luzon to survive to the tribe swap, so here's hoping Brawn does indeed throw the challenge. If they do lose, though, Spencer will try to pull off something crazy. He said last night that he was going to have to get "creative" to stay in the game, and I can't wait to see what he tries if the Brains tribe loses again. I still would rather see them win again though. The tribe swap that will likely occur in two weeks is Spencer's best hope for survival.

I've had a fairly busy week this week, so I'll be ending this entry here even though it's a little on the short side. For all I know, you're a fan of short and sweet blog entries, dear reader. So you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment